Working and sailing
A lot of working and a bit of sailing is, what we did the last 9 days. Our visitors left on saturday and we started working on our open-items-list on Sunday. Working on the water maker. Thought it will run on monday but eventually it was wednesday when work was finished.
Main part was to build in the panel with all the hoses etc. and make sure that the salt water outlet is sealed properly. Couple a days later test run and yes, it is working. First part was to flush the membranes to get rid of some conservation fluid. And today we produced the first around 30 Liters for our potable water tank.
The other project was to prevent water in the anchor chain cabin. The outlet on the bottom was full with waste (esp. leafes) so no water was able to get out there. With this the cabin got fuller and fuller and eventually water come into the boat. We cleaned it, so now water can get out through the hole in the botteom. But to have a kind of plan B, I installed a second outlet above the waterline as I saw it on several other boats.
Lucky as I am with stuff like this, I screwd through a metal plate. With this it was a bit more complicated to get a hole for a water outlet. But finally it is in place and hopefully there will no more coming water into the boat from this place.
With this and some smaller stuff the week was over. On Saturday we started sailing again. From Travemünde to Boltenhagen. From there on Sunday to Kühlungsborn and yesterday from there to Warnemünde, to anchor there. Was a really nice and qiuite night there. Today now into the close by secure marina, waiting for the hurricane. Ok not really hurricane but, with gusts > 40 kn to be expected, good to be safe there.